Victim ID’d, Video Released in 2nd NY Subway Push Death

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

subway-push-picNEW YORK — A man was crushed to death Thursday night in New York after a woman shoved him into the path of an oncoming subway train.

It was the second time this month that a commuter was killed after being pushed onto the tracks.

The incident occurred in Queens just after 8 p.m., when a man waiting for the No. 7 elevated train was pushed to his death by a woman who had been mumbling to herself, the New York Police Department said.

“Witnesses said she was walking back and forth on the platform, talking to herself, before taking a seat alone on a wooden bench near the north end of the platform,” Paul J. Browne, NYPD deputy commissioner, said in a statement.

“When the train pulled into the station, the suspect rose from the bench and pushed the man, who was standing with his back to her, onto the tracks into the path of the train. The victim appeared not to notice her, according to witnesses.”

The victim is identified as 46-year-old Sunando Sen, who was from India and lived in Queens.

“He was struck by the first of the 11-car train, with his body pinned under the front of the second car as the train came to a stop,” Browne said.

Police described the woman, who fled, as a heavy-set Latina, approximately 5 foot 5, with brown or blond hair.

She was described as wearing a blue, white and gray ski jacket, and Nike sneakers, gray on top, red on bottom.

On Dec. 3, Ki-Suck Han was crushed by an oncoming train at a subway station in Midtown Manhattan.

Han, 58, had been on his way to the South Korean Consulate to renew his passport when, witnesses said, he became involved in an argument with a man who had been harassing people waiting on the subway platform.

Han was pushed onto the tracks, his final moments captured by a photographer.

A man authorities described as homeless, Naeem Davis, 30, was arrested two days later and charged with second-degree murder.

-The Morning Call

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s