Warnings of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning as Temperatures Drop

LOS ANGELES (KTLA) — As freezing temperatures move in to many areas in Southern California this weekend, residents are pulling out their heaters.

Heaters pose a carbon monoxide danger if they are kept in a poorly ventilated area.

The Los Angeles Fire Department is joining the Southern California Gas Co. in reminding the public of safety tips to reduce the risk of carbon monoxide exposure:

– Never use a gas oven, portable barbecue or range for space heating;

– carbon monoxide poisoning can occur as a result of a poorly ventilated heater. Have natural gas furnaces checked at least once a year by a licensed heating contractor or the Southern California Gas Co.;

– vacuum and clean regularly in and around the furnace, particularly around the burner compartment to prevent a build-up of dust and lint; and

– never store items in, on or around the appliance that can obstruct airflow.

Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning can include nausea, headaches and paralysis.

Chris Wolfe reports.

2 comments

  • obidiahparuolo

    If you think Joe`s story is super,, 1 week ago my friend's cousin basically also earnt $5352 working a fourteen hour week an their house and their neighbor's mom`s neighbour has been doing this for nine months and made more than $5352 in their spare time from a labtop. follow the steps on this address,…….. BIT40.ℂOM

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s