Vodka Drip Saves Sick Puppy’s Life
MELBOURNE, Australia — It seems like an unlikely cure, but for one puppy, Vodka was the best medicine.
Cleo, a 9-month-old American Staffordshire, was disoriented and refused food after licking antifreeze from a car part two weeks ago.
Just hours away from fatal kidney failure, the little Christmas present was taken to the vet.
Much to her owner’s surprise, the only cure for coolant poisoning is pure alcohol.
The vodka was fed via a drip through Cleo’s nose and into her stomach.
Over two days, the pup consumed more than a third of the bottle. Cleo is now back to full health.