Dog OK After Swallowing 111 Pennies

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A mischievous dog in New York swallowed 111 pennies and lived to bark about it.

Last week, Jack, a 13-year-old Jack Russell terrier, knocked over a box of coins while trying to get at a bagel.

As he was licking up the crumbs, he swallowed the coins.

Jack soon became sick and his owner rushed him to the vet.

An x-ray showed the clump of coins in his stomach.

Vets performed an emergency endoscopy to remove the coins over the course of two hours.

Jack’s owner says that he’s now doing just fine.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s