April Fools Food For Kids
Happy April Fools Day! Celebrity Chef Sharone Hakman was in studio to show you how to trick your kids with sneaking in tons of nutrition in their everyday favorites.
April 3rd is the American Heart Association “National Walking Day.” Chef Hakman will be doing a live cooking demo at the event downtown Los Angeles. Come help bring awareness to the event and share heart healthy recipes!
1 bag of Organic Tuscan Kale
Drizzle of Olive Oil plus some more for seasoning the sheet pan
1/3 C of Hak’s BBQ Sauce ( Chipotle Bourbon)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Split kale between two bowls.
3. Dress 1st one with 1/3 of the Olive Oil, salt and pepper.
4. Dress the other one with rest of the Olive Oil and Hak’s BBQ Sauce
5. Grease the sheet pan with 2T of olive oil and spread the kale leaves evenly in one layer.
6. Bake in the oven for 12-15 min. Or until kale is dry and crispy.
Chicken Tenders breaded in Shredded Wheat Cereal, broccoli and flax seeds
1 lb. Chicken Tenders
2 C of Post Shredded Wheat Cereal
2/3 C of fresh broccoli
2 T of flax seed
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Put cereal broccoli and flax seed in the food processor and blend It together to consistency of the panko.
2. Make an egg wash.
3. Dry and season the chicken tenders, dip them into the egg wash and then into the breading mixture.
4. Pan fry the chicken tenders or bake them in the oven at 350F.
Chocolate Milk Popsicles
1T chia seeds
1C Trumoo Chocolate Milk
1. Mix all ingredients in the blender until smooth.
2. Poor the mix into the popsicle molds.
3. Let freeze for about 4 hours.
4. Follow the popsicle molds instructions to remove popsicles.