Gayle Anderson was live in with the South Coast Air Quality Management District (AQMD),which is offering residents living within its four county jurisdiction, the chance to exchange their old, working, gas lawn mower and purchase a cordless, rechargeable, electric lawn mower at a greatly reduced price. To participate in the exchange, residents in participating cities in Los Angeles County, Orange County, Riverside County and San Bernardino County must register in advance online at www.aqmd.gov or by calling 1(888) 425-6247. Registration is now open!
The AQMD’s jurisdiction includes all of Orange County, most of Los Angeles County (excluding the Antelope Valley), most of Riverside County, and the non-desert portion of San Bernardino County. To verify that your zip code is within the AQMD jurisdiction, click HERE.
Five models are available when you register. The models and prices are:
- Greenstation 20″ w/24V battery $150
- Greenstation 20″ w/24V battery, Self-propelled Model $220
- Black&Decker 18″ w/36V battery $100
- Black&Decker 19″ w/36V battery $180
- Black&Decker 19″ w/36V battery, Self-propelled Model $250
Quantities are limited. The AQMD will have 4,000 electric lawn mowers available for exchange, so make sure to register ASAP!
The exchange dates are:
- Saturday, May 4th Long Beach
- Saturday, May 25th Pasadena
- Saturday, June 8th Riverside
- Saturday, July 13th Anaheim
Details on the locations and exchange process will be posted on the AQMD website.
Registration is now open for the 2013 LAWN MOWER EXCHANGE PROGRAM
South Coast Air Quality Management District Headquarters
21865 Copley Drive
Diamond Bar, CA 91765