Nation/World

Coroner: Heroin, Alcohol Mix Killed ‘Glee’ Star Cory Monteith

VANCOUVER, B.C. – “Glee” star Cory Monteith died as a result of “a mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol,” the British Columbia Coroners Service said Tuesday.

monteith-pic

Cory Monteith found dead in his hotel room in Canada

“At this point there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith’s death was anything other than a most-tragic accident,” the coroners service said in a statement, adding that no further details were available pending a full investigation.

Monteith, 31, was found dead Saturday in his room by staff members at Vancouver’s Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel after he missed his checkout time.

The actor spent time in rehab this year, checking into a drug addiction treatment facility in late March.

Click here to read the full story on CNN.com.

Advertisement

Advertisement