Anthony Weiner Vows to Stay in Mayoral Race After Campaign Manager Quits
NEW YORK (KTLA) – Anthony Weiner’s campaign to become the next mayor of New York City suffered another crushing blow Saturday when his campaign manager quit, according to local media reports.
Danny Kedem, 31, told Weiner he could no longer manage his campaign following revelations that the former congressman had exchanged more raunchy pictures and text messages with women after he resigned from Congress in 2011, the New York Times reported.
Weiner confirmed Kedem’s departure hours later, but insisted he would remain in the race.
“Danny left the campaign. He did a remarkable job,” Weiner told reporters Sunday outside a Brooklyn church.
“We have an excellent staff. More people have come on, frankly. We’ve gotten more volunteers and more people coming over the transom to help the campaign in the last several days than any time since the campaign started.”
Danny Kedem’s departure is the latest sign Weiner’s mayoral bid continued to unravel.
With his wife by his side, the disgraced politician admitted Tuesday that some of the sexually explicit online exchanges that were published by a gossip website happened after he left Congress.
“Some of these things happened before my resignation, some happened after,” Weiner said at a hastily organized press conference in New York.
His remarks came hours after screenshots of sexually charged conversations and photographs appeared on a gossip website which alleged the communications were between Weiner and a young woman last summer.
Since then, calls have poured in for Weiner to step aside.