BREAKING: Deputies Investigating Bomb Threat Against Los Angeles City College

D.C. Gunman Sought Return to the Navy

WASHINGTON — The gunman who killed 12 people at the Washington Navy Yard on Monday had been hoping to get back into the Navy but was “experiencing problems” with officials at the base and at his contracting firm, a federal official said.

navy-yard-shooter

This booking photo shows Aaron Alexis, arrested in September 2010 on suspicion of discharging a firearm in the Fort Worth city limits.

Aaron Alexis “didn’t take that very well,” said the official.

In addition, Alexis “went to the VA to talk to them about mental-health issues. He was trying to get help, we think,” the official said, referring to the government’s veteran services department.

Whatever mental-health problems Alexis faced, neither those nor his arrests in 2010 and 2004 for gun-related incidents prevented him from recently buying at least one weapon, a shotgun.

Three weapons were found near Alexis’ body Monday — the shotgun, an AR-15 semiautomatic rifle and a pistol.

Click here to read the full story on LATimes.com.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s