Allie Mac Kay was live from Santa Anita Park with a preview of The Breeders’ Cup. She talks with John Mattos about his artwork and Christine Moore about her traditional-style hats.
Breeders’ Cup World Championships
Friday, Nov. 1 and Saturday, Nov. 2
Santa Anita Park
285 West Huntington Dr.
- 14 races with purses totaling $27 million (five races Friday, nine Saturday)
- Gates open at 9 a.m. Friday and 8 a.m. Saturday
- This is the 30th running of Breeders’ Cup World Championships – the richest two days in North American sports
- The premier race is the $5 million Breeders’ Cup Classic on Saturday, with $3 million to the winner
- Saturday entertainment includes Babyface, Toni Braxton, Kristin Chenoweth, Macy Gray, Joan Osborne and others playing in the infield between races
- Taste of LA in the Paddock Gardens features some of the best food in the Southland
- Tickets start at $15 and can be purchased HERE