180,000 Lbs. of Salad, Sandwich Products Recalled On E. coli Risk
A California company is recalling more than 180,000 pounds of products including Trader Joe’s salad because of a risk that they may be contaminated with E. coli, the U.S. Department of Agriculture said.
Glass Onion Catering of Richmond. California is recalling ready-to-eat salads and sandwich wrap products with fully-cooked chicken and ham, the USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service said in a statement on Monday.
The products are being recalled along with other foods regulated by the Food and Drug Administration.
The Glass Onion products were produced between September 23 and November 6, and were intended for retail sale in California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Utah, Oregon and Washington.
The FDA found last week that 26 people were found in three states with “indistinguishable E. coli patterns,” and 15 of them reported that they had consumed ready-to-eat salads made by Glass Onion.
E. coli O157:H7 is a potentially deadly bacterium that can cause dehydration, bloody diarrhea and abdominal cramps, and can cause in some people a type of kidney failure called hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS).
The following is a full listing of the products included in the recall:
• 12 oz. packages of “delish pan pacific chop salad”
• 13.4 oz. packages of “delish California style grilled chicken salad”
• 9.9 oz. packages of “delish uncured applewood smoked ham & cheese wrap”
• 10.5 oz. packages of “delish grilled chicken caesar wrap”
• 10.9 oz. packages of “delish southwestern chicken wrap”
• 11.5 oz. packages of “delish greek brand low-calorie grilled chicken wrap”
• 9.9 oz. packages of “delish white chicken club wrap”
• 11.2 oz. packages of “delish asian style chicken wrap”
• 13.4 oz. packages of “atherstone Fine Foods Southwestern Style White Chicken Wrap with Chimichurri Sauce”
• 10.5 oz. packages of “atherstone Fine Foods Asian Style White Chicken Wrap with Mango Vinaigrette”
• 9.9 oz. packages of “atherstone Fine Foods Grilled White Chicken Caesar Wrap with Caesar Dressing”
• 10.7 oz. packages of “super fresh Foods California Grilled Chicken Salad, Low Fat Mendocino Mustard Dressing”
• 10.7 oz. packages of “Lunch Spot Southwestern Style Chicken Wrap, Chile & Lime Dressing”
• 9.2 oz. packages of “super fresh Foods Pan Pacific Chopped Chicken Salad, Ginger Soy Dressing”
• 10.7 oz. plastic containers of “TRADER JOE’S Field Fresh Chopped Salad with Grilled Chicken.”
• 11 oz. plastic containers of “TRADER JOSÉ’S MEXICALI SALAD with Chili Lime Chicken.”