Travelzoo: Travelsmart With Gabe Saglie
Travelzoo reporter Gabe Saglie joins us with this weeks hottest travel deals.
The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua
Deluxe, recently-renovated 5-Star resort on Maui northwestern shore.
Amenities at this oceanfront resort include a 10,000-square-foot pool with 3 separate levels, upscale dining options, two 18-hole championship golf courses, tennis courts and a spa.
Property was named to “Best in the World” lists by Travel + Leisure and Conde Nast Traveler in 2013
- $249/nt. (45% off)
Travel through Dec. 25
The Palace Hotel
Famous luxury AAA 4-Diamond hotel that’s played hosts to Presidents and royalty.
This Starwood Luxury Collection hotel is located downtown and is within walking distance to the Embarcadero, cable car line and Union Square. Property has a heated indoor pool and 3 restaurants, and rooms have mahogany furniture and 14-foot ceilings.
- $145/nt. (50% off)
Travel through Jan. 4, inc. Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks
Ace Hotel & Swim Club
Trendy, 1960s-era, Bohemian-themed hotel located walking distance to downtown Palm Springs. This 5-acre resort was built using recycled materials and is popular for its hammock-lined pool.
Property is dog-friendly and loans bikes to guests to explore restaurants and shops along nearby Palm Canyon Dr.
- $99/nt. (60% off)
- Inc. $25 spa credit and waived resort fee (reg. $25)
Travel through January; +$30 for travel Feb.-March
Roundtrip airfare from LAX to Rome.
7 nights on the grounds of the Castello di Montegufoni Estate
- This historic property is a 12th-century castle nestled in the Italian countryside among vineyards and mushroom and olive groves
- The nearest village from the castle is a 10-minute stroll down the road, and Florence and Siena are within a half-hour drive, meaning guests are close to world-class art and fresh, locally sourced foods
Car rental with unlimited mileage included
Travel in March
Ballard Township (Santa Barbara wine country)
Luxurious AAA 4-Diamond B&B in the heart of Santa Barbara wine country. Property features 15 uniquely themed and decorated rooms and is located near Solvang, Santa Ynez and Los Olivos. Onsite restaurant is one of only 3 AAA 4-Diamond eateries in SB County and features regional fare.
- $199/nt. (Reg. $405)
- Deal includes gourmet breakfast for 2 daily, picnic lunch for 2, bottle of wine at check-in, free tastings at nearby wineries and evening wine/hors d’oeuvres
Travel through March; 2-nt, package is $299
Vision Quest Ranch
Unique 51-acre ranch just outside Monterey featuring stays in African tent-style bungalows. Home to more than 100 species of animals and birds, domestic and exotic, the ranch provides educational tours and opportunities to encounter big cats such as tigers and leopards. Rooms feature full bathrooms and refrigerators.
- $102/nt. (40% off)
- Inc. hour-long guided tour of the animals and continental breakfast for two delivered by an African elephant
Travel through February