Travelzoo: Travelsmart With Gabe Saglie For Sunday, January 26
Travelzoo reporter Gabe Saglie is back with this weeks hottest travel deals.
Winter Holiday River Cruise
7-nights aboard the River Baroness
- This is one of Uniworld’s floating boutique hotels, which feature opulent cabins with handcrafted beds,100% high-thread count Egyptian cotton sheets and a pillow menu
This is a Marché de Noel cruise, with visits to some of France’s greatest Christmas markets in cities like Paris, Versailles, Rouen, Vernon, Les Andelys and Auvers-sur-Oise.
All-inclusive: cruise includes all meals, unlimited beverages (inc. fine wine, local beer, spirits and non-alcoholic drinks), free shore excursions at each port, onboard and on-shore gratuities, Wi-Fi and ground transfers.
- $1489/pp (50% off)
Depart Dec. 13 or 20
Cabo San Lucas
Roundtrip airfare from LAX to Cabo
4 nights at the Riu Santa Fe Resort
- Beachfront property boasts 4 restaurants, 7 bars, a spa, 2 freshwater pools, in-room liquor dispensers, a solarium terrace, kids activities and nightly entertainment.
- Nearby attractions include the stunning formations of El Arco de Cabo San Lucas and the shops, restaurants and nightlife of downtown Cabo.
All-inclusive: all meals, cocktails/drinks, activities and tipping included
- $659/pp ($470 off)
Escape to pristine Lake Arrowhead and a scenic mountain cabin.
Choose from 3- to 5-bedroom lodges that sleep up to 10 people and feature flat-screen TVs, outdoor patios w/BBQs, wireless Internet access and wood-burning fireplaces.
Lake is nestled in the San Bernardino Mountains 2 hours northeast of Los Angeles and offers 4-season activities.
- $225 for a 2-night stay (60% off)
Travel through August 27
Adventure Down Under
Roundtrip flights on Air New Zealand from Los Angeles to Auckland.
8 nights’ luxury accommodations
- 4 nights in Queenstown at the 4.5-star Heritage Hotel, inc. late checkout and a bottle of wine upon arrival
- Milford Sound scenic cruise featuring a picnic lunch
- Safari along the shore of Lake Wakatipu
- 4 nights in Auckland at the 4.5-star Heritage Auckland with free Wi-Fi and late checkout
- 2-hour America’s Cup sailing adventure
- City tour featuring Karangahape Road, the Auckland Harbour Bridge and Queen Street
Inter-country flights on Air New Zealand between Auckland and Queenstown
Airport transfers included
- $2299/pp ($1180 off)
Grand Canyon Ranch
Grand Canyon (Meadview, AZ)
Historic 106,000-acre Old West-themed working ranch.
Property is located near the West Rim of the Grand Canyon and is a great base for exploring the area.
Guests have access to a variety of activities through the hotel, including horseback riding, wagon rides, buffalo safaris and helicopter tours.
- $59 (reg. $129)
Travel through May, inc. weekends and Valentine’s Day
Avalon, Catalina Island
Quaint and upscale inn in the heart of Avalon.
Guests are just steps from the beach, as well as shops, restaurants and miles of hiking trails.
Property is home to a popular day spa.
- $299/nt (45% off)
Includes breakfast, 2 roundtrip ferry tickets and 2 60-minute Swedish massages.
* $219 – With 2 roundtrip ferry tickets and breakfast.
Travel through April