DNA tests on saliva taken from the site of an apparent mountain lion attack in Perris were inconclusive, state wildlife officials said Thursday.
The quality of the samples taken from clothing worn by a homeless man who suffered major injuries last week was too poor to confirm that they were caused by a mountain lion, said Lt. Patrick Foy of the California Department of Fish and Wildlife.
The 48-year-old man is still recovering from lacerations, puncture wounds and bite marks at the base of his skull — injuries that were described as being consistent with a mountain lion attack — and will not be well enough for interviews for several more days, Foy said.
“We’re still trying to put all the pieces of the puzzle together, and the biggest piece of the puzzle is trying to talk to him,” Foy said.
Click here to read the full story on LATimes.com.