Gayle Anderson was live in Pomona for day #2 of a week of love leading up to Valentine’s Day.
Gayle Anderson was live in Pomona for day #2 of a week of love leading up to Valentine’s Day. Courtesy Robbins Brothers, Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse, and Chuao Chocolatier. Today, a young man SURPRISED his girlfriend with a proposal of marriage in Pomona.
Are you planning to propose to your beloved on Valentine’s Day or just looking for ideas on how to celebrate the day? Robbins Brothers reminds everyone that “love doesn’t cost a thing” with these 6 affordable Valentine’s Day ideas:
1) Write Something. Write a Poem. Write a song. Write a letter. Write a card. Write something. Corny right? WRONG. She will love it. Are you capable of writing a poem? You could do it in 3rd grade – you can do it now. Think about what she does for you…spiritually, emotionally, and physically. Make it rhyme if you like. Put thoughts into words. Make it funny. Make it sweet. But here’s the key. Read it out loud. To her. Don’t hurry. Pause and make eye contact. Feel the words as you read them – and she will too.
2) Cook Something. You have never claimed to be a chef, but maybe for one night you can be. If the school of burn and turn grilling is your thing – go for it – but add some finesse with the side dishes and desserts. The key here is effort – as well as knowing what she loves, and planning. Have everything ready before she arrives. Do not let her lift a finger – you are chef, waiter, maître D, and dream man rolled into one. Okay, maybe 3 out of 4. An appetizer is mandatory. If she likes alcohol, make her favorite cocktail. Main entrée should be her favorite dish. Don’t forget to set the table. Candles. Music. Set the Mood. Should you not make it to dessert, remember to turn off the oven. You only want one room burning this evening.
3) Time Travel. If you’ve only been dating a few months then this may not be for you. But, if a few years have passed and you look back with fondness on those early days…why not live them again? That little neighborhood spot you went to for a bite on the first date? The dive bar you went for a drink at later? The walk you took together. The first place you kissed. Retrace your steps while recalling how you felt that night and how the world changed for you both.
4) Pamper Her. Take a moment and think of everything she does for you…now, what can you do in return? How about a little de-stressing? Yeah…who doesn’t like that? Again, set the mood with some aromatherapy (sometimes known as candles); get some essential oils to heighten the experience; read a website or two on effleurage and pressure point techniques – and then take your time working your way from head to toe and then back up. This is a great time to tell her how you feel about her, and how you appreciate her. She will feel it in her heart and in every tingling nerve ending. Then order in a pizza and beer for afterwards
5) Sing her Praises. Feeling brave? Kind of guy who loves show tunes? Neither? Well, this one will knock her out then. While Valentine’s is all about LOVE, relationships are also all about FUN. So have some. Karaoke can be your middle name! Face it – dinner is dinner, but having your man sing to you in public? Well that’s downright embarrassing…I mean wonderful. Whether it’s “Marry Me” by Bruno Mars or “Lovecats” by the Cure …pour your heart into it and let her know how you feel. It will be a memory she will never forget and can never erase.
6) Make Something. So you’ve got 874 photos of the two of you on your phone, and on your laptop you have even more. Isn’t that special? Actually..no it’s not. What is special? Having something to hold in your hands that is not digital – but is tangible and real and beautiful. With online publishing – you can take your photos and tell a story, YOUR story, in your book. The places, events and times you have shared are the bond that holds everything together as you move toward the future. Celebrate her, and your time with her with funny, sweet, awkward, cute, beautiful moments shared. She won’t expect it, but she will love knowing how much you value those moments WITH her.
Looking to go out to dinner on Valentine’s Day? Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar is offering a special three-course dinner for Valentine’s Day. You can look at the menu and make reservations. by clicking HERE. To find a location near you, visit Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar.
About Robbins Brothers- The Engagement Ring Store: With 8 locations in Southern California, as well as locations in Texas and Washington, Robbins Brothers – “The Engagement Ring Store”, offers affordable diamond engagement rings with the widest selection of modern, classic and vintage engagement rings and ring settings that are right for you. To find a location near you, visit Robbins Brothers.
About Flemings’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar: Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar gives patrons the opportunity to enjoy unrivaled hospitality, explore a carefully curated wine list and experience expertly crafted steak made to order at any of its locations throughout the United States.To find a location near you, visit Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse.
About Chuao Chocolatier: Chuao Chocolatier (pronounced chew-WOW) is the first Venezuelan Chocolatier based in the United States and Southern California’s premier artisan chocolatier. Founded in 2002 by Master Chef Michael Antonorsi and his brother Richard Antonorsi – the company’s Chairman of the Board; Chuao Chocolatier is pioneering “fusion chocolate” through a commitment to creating unusual, unexpected and delicious flavors using their secret blend of premium chocolate and fresh natural ingredients. Chuao Chocolatier chocolate confections are available around the United States at fine specialty retailers including Whole Foods Market, Dean and Deluca, and Crate & Barrel, as well as fine restaurants & hotels including Omni Hotels nationwide, La Costa Resort & Spa, Coupa Cafe, and Hard Rock Hotel. Southern California residents can purchase Chuau Chocaltier confections at any of three boutiques in the San Diego area. For more information, visit Chuao Chocolatier.
1 (800) 295-1543
(760) 476-1355 FAX
- Share Story