Social media and the prevalence of mobile devices have created new outlets for predators to potentially reach children.
“There are individuals who attempt to sexually exploit children through the use of online services and the Internet,” according to the FBI.
Some will use gifts or attention to entice their victims, while others “immediately engage in sexually explicit conversation with children,” according to the FBI.
Rich DeMuro reports for the KTLA 5 News at 10 on Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2014.
- How to Talk to Your Children About Internet Safety
- FBI’s “A Parent’s Guide to Internet Safety”
- Huntington Beach Police Department Tip Line: 714-375-5066
- My Mobile Watchdog: Parental Control Cell Phone Monitoring
- California Reform Sex Offender Laws organization
- Laws Pertaining to Sexting in the State of California