Candidate will have financial responsibilities for the Southern California region of Tribune Broadcasting including KTLA-TV, Los Angeles and KSWB-TV, San Diego. Prepare/review journal entries, department expenses, variance analyses and reconciliations as part of the closing process.
- Broadcast Rights function will include but is not limited to: Preparing financial projection/analysis, all input of purchases into the film system, prebuy analysis for all syndicated, feature and sports programming. Review all entries to record asset, liability and expense to the general ledger and producing any variance reports.
- Coordinate the annual Operating Plan process. Assist in preparing/review department budgets with Department Heads, Assist in preparing the Capital Plan. Coordinate/prepare station presentation to Tribune Broadcasting Company Management.
- Prepare/review profit and loss analysis and review revenue billed for all local productions. Prepare and analyze all local sales commissions and incentives. Review profitability analysis and daypart analysis for upper management. Review monthly capital spending reports and monitor the capitalization of all assets. Review, approve, reject invoices in On Base Accounts Payable system. Approve vendor add/change forms for Accounts Payable database.
- Review and monitor trade and investment deals. Update market revenue data by supplying monthly/quarterly data to accounting firm and then analyzing the results.
Ensure compliance with audit/Sarbanes Oxley requirements. Coordinate audit requests and scheduling with Internal Audit and external auditors.
- Special Projects/Presentations/Analysis at the discretion of the Chief Financial Officer, Station Manager and General Manager.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and a CPA, MBA degree a plus. Minimum of 4-6yrs public/Industry audit experience. The position is based in Los Angeles but some travel to San Diego will be required. Should possess in-depth knowledge of financial reporting requirements, generally accepted accounting principles and finance and accounting concepts. Strong presentation skills as well as analytical, communication, organization and managerial skills are required. Should have broad-based knowledge of the broadcasting industry coupled with good business instincts and judgement. Must have excellent PC skills with proficiently in Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of PeopleSoft and SIMS software a plus.