Some of the people living near the hunting grounds of P-22, a Griffith Park mountain lion recently treated for mange, expressed safety concerns Thursday.
P-22’s story first came to light a few months ago when he was photographed with the Hollywood sign behind him as he was hunting in Griffith Park.
The famous puma was then seen on surveillance video roaming the streets of Beachwood Ridge just before dawn.
More recently, P-22 was treated for mange after ingesting rat poison. Experts believe P-22 ate a coyote that had most likely eaten some poisoned rats.
Some residents have become worried about the mountain lion living so close their homes, Los Angeles City Councilman Tom Labonge said.
However, National Park biologists were reluctant to move P-22 to a more remote area.
Jim Nash reports from Griffith Park for the KTLA 5 News at 1 on Monday, April 21, 2014.