Travelzoo: Travelsmart With Gabe Saglie For Sunday, May 4
Travelzoo reporter Gabe Saglie joined us with this weeks hottest travel deals.
Banff, AB, Canada
Take in epic views and the western lifestyle of the Canadian Rocky Mountains with a unique equestrian escape.
Experience includes guided excursions, accommodations in the Banff backcountry at the secluded Sundance Lodge, meals for the duration of the trip and beverages.
After a guided day on horseback, riders unwind with fellow travelers over a convivial dinner.
- $452/pp ($200 off) for 3 day/2 night trek
Travel through October; 2 day/1 night treks at $316/pp
11-night package in the heart of French Polynesia
Roundtrip airfare from LAX to Papeete, Tahiti
One night stay pre-cruise at the upscale InterContinental Resort Tahiti
- Stay in an upgraded Panoramic room with breakfast
10 nights aboard Pacific Princess, on Conde Nast Traveler’s 2013 Readers’ Poll as one of the top ships in the world.
- Small, intimate hip features specialty restaurants, nightly shows, movie theater and casino
- Eight days in port with an overnight stay in Papeete, a two-day experience in Bora Bora and visits to the outer islands of Huahine, Rangiroa, Raiatea and Moorea while sailing the Society Islands
- $2899/pp ($750 off)
Travel in October – one of the best times to visit French Polynesia
Roundtrip airfare from LAX to Beijing
Six nights at the centrally located, 4-star Traders Hotel Beijing, a Shangri-La hotel
- Includes buffet breakfast daily
Three full-day tours with an English-speaking guide and entrance fees
- Highlights of this trip include tours of Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City, and a visit to the Temple of Heaven and Summer Palace
Airport and hotel transfers included
- $888/pp (reg. $2000)
Travel select dates Nov.-Jan.; March (inc. Chinese Lantern Festival) also discounted
Note: a required China Single Entry Visa costs $170 and can be obtained at time of booking
Esperanza, an Auberge Resort
Cabo San Lucas
Luxurious celeb-friendly 5-Star resort on the shores of the Sea of Cortez
This adults-only hotel boasts the only private beach in Los Cabos, infinity pools, 3 restaurants and 2 bars, and guests can take advantage of complimentary cooking, fitness and yoga classes.
Ranked in Travel + Leisure’s list of 500 World’s Best Hotels from 2007-2014
- $1199 for 3-night stay in Garden Casita (45% off)
o Includes $100 in spa credits and valet parking
Travel June-early Nov. and Dec. 1-15
Grand Bahama Island
Roundtrip airfare from L.A. to Grand Bahama Island
4 nights at the Memories Grand Bahama Beach & Casino Resort
- Upscale resort set on Lucaya Beach, known as one of the best strands in The Bahamas
- Property boasts 4 restaurants, 6 bars, 2 pools, a spa, an open-air theater and a 35,000-square-foot Vegas-style casino open 24 hours
- Nearby are the open-air shops and entertainment of Port Lucaya Marketplace
All-inclusive: all meals, cocktails/drinks, activities and tipping included
- $899/pp ($445 off)
L.A. Wine Fest
Raleigh Studios, Hollywood
This annual outdoor festival takes place at Raleigh Studios on Melsore and features unlimited tastings of more than 500 wines, brews and spirits from around the world.
Festival hosts live entertainment shopping boutiques and food trucks – including Border Grill, The Grilled Cheese
Truck and Crepe de VIlle
- $99 for 2 people (reg. $170)
Saturday, May 31 (2-6pm) and Sunday, June 1 (noon-5pm)