Obama Two-Day Visit Expected to Create Traffic Issues
President Obama was scheduled to arrive in Los Angeles on Wednesday for a two-day visit.
As in previous visits, numerous road closures and detours will be in effect while the president is in town.
On Tuesday, the Los Angeles Police Department released a list of areas motorists might want to avoid.
Wednesday, May 7
- The area around Motor Avenue and Pico Boulevard from 4 to 6 p.m.
- The area around Pico Boulevard and Beverly Glenn Road from 4 to 6 p.m.
- The area around Santa Monica Boulevard and Beverly Glenn from 4 to 6 p.m.
- The area around Sunset Boulevard and Beverly Glenn from 6 to 8 p.m.
- The area around Santa Monica Boulevard and Avenue of the Stars from 6 to 11 p.m.
Thursday, May 8
- The area around Santa Monica Boulevard and Avenue of the Stars from 9 to 11 a.m.
- The area around Pico Boulevard and Motor Avenue from 9 to 11 a.m.
NOTE: As a result of a hard closure along Santa Monica Boulevard between Wilshire Boulevard and Avenue of the Stars, the following bus routes will be affected, and riders should contact the MTA for alternate locations
Bus stops affected by the closure between 9:30 and 10:45 a.m.:
BUS STOP: Wilshire / Whittier (West of Arrival and Departure)
- ROUTES: 4, 16, 316, and 704
- Stop ID: 8470
- Stop ID: 16778
BUS STOP Wilshire / Santa Monica (East of Arrival and Departure)
- ROUTES: 20, 720
- Stop ID: 1297
- Stop ID: 14441
- Stop ID: 6063