It’s another Fix It Friday and this time I’m helping one family get their WiFi signal to reach every room in the house.
WiFi is convenient because it gives us the freedom to move about while getting work done, but only when it works. Sometimes it doesn’t reach every room. Luckily, there’s a simple fix for that.
- We first used the Wi-Fi Analytics Tool from Amped Wireless to figure out where the dead spots were in the house.
- Then we found an open space near the dead spots with an electrical outlet to install a WiFi range extender.
- After plugging the extender into the outlet near the dead spots, we went online to set up the extender to latch onto the current WiFi signal in the house.
- We then set the extender as a new WiFi point.
- And finally, to test out our new speeds, Radio Shack hooked the family up with a couple of Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 tablets.
Want to get hooked up with some free gear from Radio Shack? Check out their blog.