Travelzoo: Travelsmart For Sunday, May 11
We have the hottest travel deals for you courtesy of Travelzoo.
Lake Arrowhead Resort & Spa
Newly renovated 4-Star resort on the pine-enveloped shores of Lake Arrowhead.
Resort features private lake access, a full-service spa and upscale dining at Bin189.
Rooms features LCD TVs and luxury bedding/linens
- $115/nt (52% off)
Travel through June; 2-night stay is $219
Park Hyatt Aviara Resort
Uber-luxurious AAA 5-Diamond resort in the heart of North San Diego County.
Set on 200 acres overlooking the ocean and lagoon, this resort features a pool with a children’s water playground, an ocean view adults-only pool and an 18-hole Arnold Palmer-designed golf course.
LEGOLAND is three miles away
- $195/nt (40% off)
o Includes DAILY $50 credit to use on golfing or spa
Travel through early July
Roundtrip airfare from LAX to Costa Rica
Seven nights’ upscale accommodations
- 3 nights at Montaña de Fuego Resort & Spa (includes unlimited access to on-site hot springs)
- 3 nights at Coco Beach Hotel and Casino in Guanacaste
- One night at Best Western Irazu Hotel & Casino in San Jose
Top must-dos on this trip include zip-lining through rain forests, waterfall-rappelling and visits to Arenal Volcano and hot springs; Guanacaste is known for its pristine beaches and scenic national parks.
Rental car w/unlimited miles included
- $948/pp ($560 off)
Travel through June and Aug.-Oct.
Adventure Down Under – Air, Hotel & Cruise
Australia & New Zealand
Roundtrip airfare from LAX to Sydney
Before the cruise, spend two nights in Sydney
- Stay in a 4-Star hotel that includes breakfast daily
Board the Celebrity Solstice for a 12-night South Pacific cruise
- Sail in a Concierge-Class Balcony Cabin w/upgraded amenities like priority check-in, express luggage delivery and exclusive pre-departure lounge
- $100 on board credit and pre-paid gratuities (a $300 value) included
- All transfers included
- Depart from Sydney and stop in Melbourne before cruising through Dusky, Doubtful and Milford Sounds; then, stop by the Bay of Islands, Tauranga, Wellington, Akaroa and Dunedin before ending in Auckland
After the cruise, spend 2 nights in Auckland, New Zealand
- Stay in a 4-Star hotel w/breakfast daily
- $3799/pp ($698 off)
Depart Nov. 25 (over Thanksgiving)
Andreas Hotel & Spa
Charming and stylish hotel located steps from restaurants, shops and nightlife on Palm Canyon Drive
Property was built in 1935 and is home to a deluxe spa
Hotel is home to just 25 rooms and suites, all furnished in Spanish Revival and Craftsman styles, and marble
bathrooms feature oversized Jacuzzi tubs and pillow-top beds
- $129/nt (49% off)
o Includes $50 spa credit, breakfast and parking
Rev Your Engines
Take the wheel of a professional stock car and zoon around the BASCAR-sanctioned, half-mile Speedway
Instructors provide support through an earpiece while you drive and reach speeds of up to 100 mph
Pre-race classroom orientation included
- $139/pp (reg. $449)
Visit through October
This segment aired on the KTLA Morning News on Sunday May 11th 2014.