Firefighters were battling a three-alarm fire burning at a T-Mobile store in San Gabriel on Thursday night.
The fire was reported at 7:20 p.m. at a building located in the 200 block of S. San Gabriel Boulevard (map).
The flames, shooting as high as 20 feet into the air, quickly spread to a nearby gift shop, according to San Gabriel Fire Chief Jim Frawley.
Thick smoke was hampering efforts to getting to the source of the fire as flames spread into the attic of the building, Frawley said.
Aerial video showed the roof of the building caving in at one point.
At least one firefighter could be seen being treated for possible smoke inhalation.
A second firefighter suffered a minor shock after brushing up against a chain-link fence that had been electrified, according to San Gabriel Fire Chief Jim Frawley.
Both firefighters were taken to local hospitals in stable condition, Frawley said.