1 Man Killed, 1 Wounded in Compton Drive-By Shooting

One man was killed and another was wounded Wednesday night in a drive-by shooting on a Compton street, authorities said.

Deputies responded about 10:37 p.m. to a call of a gunshot victim in the 1100 block of East Bennett Avenue (map), said Lt. John Corina of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department. When the deputies arrived, they found the two men, ages 31 and 44, in a front yard suffering from gunshot wounds, Corina said.

compton-homocide

Authorities responded to the 1100 block of East Bennett Avenue in Compton after a fatal shooting on Wednesday, May 21, 2014. (Credit: KTLA)

The 31-year-old was transported to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead, according to authorities. The other victim refused medical treatment and is expected to survive.

The two men had been standing in front of the location when a light-colored sedan drove by and at least one occupant opened fire, Corina said.

“The murder weapon and the suspect(s) are still outstanding,” the Sheriff’s Department said in a statement released Thursday morning.

Anyone with information is asked to call the L.A. County sheriff’s Homicide Bureau at 323-890-5500.


Related Stories