Although the KTLA Morning News did not have Travelzoo reporter Gabe Saglie on this morning, here are list of Travelzoo deals for the week of June 8.
The Capri Hotel, Ojai
• Hip retro-chic hotel offering a “Rat Pack vibe with sleek white-on-white rooms” (Travel & Leisure)
• Recently upgraded rooms feature handmade touches like vinyl record nightstands and paintings by area artists
• Downtown Ojai (1.5 hours from L.A. and 50 mins. From Santa Barbara) is on the edge of Los Padres National Forest and in the foothills of the Toptopa Mntns.
$95/nt. w/breakfast, $15 dining credit and movie rentals
Travel through Dec.
Inn at Churon Winery, Temecula
• Charming upscale B&B estate reminiscent of a romantic French chateau
• Property hosts a daily wine hour, is surrounded by vineyards and is near other wine estates, like Callaway, Thornton and Rancho Palomar
• Redhawk Golf Course is nearby
$249 for a 2-night stay in Vineyard View Room w/fireplace & balcony (40% off) w/mimosa breakfast for 2 daily and afternoon wine tour
Travel through Dec.
Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa, Waikiki Beach
• Deluxe 4-Star resort hotel located on a prime stretch of Waikiki Beach
• Resort features an expansive pool, Waikiki’s first beachfront spa and a private umbrella area at Moana Beach and the famous Banyan Tree courtyard
• Property is often referred to as the First Lady of Waikiki
$270/nt. (30% off)
Travel Aug.-Sep.; select June-July travel at $293/nt.
La Casa del Zorro, Borrego Springs
• Deluxe desert resort inside Anza Borrego State Park that dates back to the 1930s but which has just been reopened after a major restoration
• Property is home to 5 pools and a spa, and it’s part of the Dark Sky Community, devoted to reducing light pollution (making this an awesome stargazing area)
• Borrego Springs – 90 mi. NW of downtown San Diego and 3 hours from L.A. – is the only community in America surrounded on all four sides by state park land
$99/nt (40% off) w/2 welcome cocktails
$229/nt. for stay in 2-Bedroom Casita (for 4 guests) w/private pool or hot tub
Travel thru Sep.
The Meritage Resort & Spa, Napa
• Deluxe AAA 4-Diamond resort set on 32 acres of vineyards with its own wine tasting cellar
• Guests can: gather in the underground Estate Cave to savor wines from the Napa region and beyond; take hikes; bowl the hotel’s luxe lanes; or indulge in organic spa treatments
• The artistic vibe of downtown and Napa Premium Outlets are a 10-minute drive away
$199/nt (40% off) w/room upgrade and early check-in/late check-out
Travel June 8-Sep. 3
Bridge Bay at Shasta Lake, Redding
• Sail on a 47-foot Summit boat w/full kitchen, gas BBQ, bathroom w/shower/tub, air conditioning, a sundeck w/chairs and 10 life jackets
• Partake in water activities, explore the Lake Shasta Caverns to view the stalagmites or kick back and enjoy the outdoors
• Lake Shasta is the largest fresh-water reservoir in California
$810 for 3-day rental (40% off)
Travel thru Sep.; 4- to 7-day rentals available, too (deal from Seven Crown Resorts)