Father’s Day Fashions
Style Expert, Ashley Proud joined us live with some great looks for Father’s Day. Chris, Henry, Mark and Frank were our stylish models.
For more information on the looks seen in the segment, see the details below.
Chris – Pop Culture Dad
- Edgy layers for the Dad who loves music, comics, and a great movie night
- Treat your favorite superhero to a comic tee from TRUNK
- BIG STAR denim jeans can be dressed down for day, or dressed up for date night with mom
- Take his shoe game a step further with casual canvas tennis shoes from REEF
Frank – The ‘California Cool’ Dad
- Board shorts and a casual polo for the beach-going, surf-loving, laid back SoCal Dad
- Polo from GRAYERS is made of lightweight t-shirt material, ideal for summer temps in LA
- Turquoise board shorts from the surf gurus at REEF are great for the beach or a casual outdoor brunch
- Leather flip flops from REEF
- My favorite part of this look – foldable shades from SUNPOCKET! 100% UV protection for under $120
Henry – Active Dad
- Comfortable, quality staples for the guy who loves a ball game, fishing trip, and backyard BBQ!
- Tee (or HENLEY, TBD) by BIG STAR is comfy AND flattering – heavier slub knit keeps tee from looking sloppy
- Ditch the denim and try these patterned shorts by REEF
- Upgrade his grungy tennis shoes for these sleek leather kicks from TIMBERLAND
Mark – The Dapper Dad
- Cutting-edge look for the sharp dressing Dad
- Combines two hot trends for summer – chambray, color blocking
- Chambray buttondown from GRAYERS is a seasonal alternative to a classic oxford
- Coral-colored chinos from GRAYERS are a fresh take on summer khaki
- Tie the look together with a bold blue pair of smoking slippers from French brand GALET – handmade in France, totally ahead of the trend
This segment aired on the KTLA 5 Morning News on June 9, 2014.