Fmr. American Gladiator Dan ‘Nitro’ Clark on Health & Rock’N Run
Dan Clark, aka “Nitro” of American Gladiators, joined us live to talk about a heart attack he suffered last December and the upcoming Gladiator Rock’n Run which is taking place on Saturday, June 14 at Great Park in Irvine.
Dan Clark, aka “Nitro” of American Gladiators, brings you the most insane one day event on the planet – the Gladiator Rock’n Run. 17 obstacles, 6k run, Kick Ass Bands. The 5th Annual Irvine leg of the national running series challenges all participants to conquer extreme obstacles and harsh terrain, then to celebrate their conquests with a bad-ass post race party filled with music, beer and food. Proceeds benefit TACA – Talk About Curing Autism. We have raised over $200,000 for our charity to date. The field is made up of competitive runners looking to finish with the best time, Boxes battling for supremacy and bragging rites and also the weekend warriors running for the challenge and, most importantly, the good times. OC Gladiators run in elaborate costumes and form teams with team names and logos. All of these maniacs meet up after the race for the party that includes awesome bands, food, beer, and muddy, happy runners. The energy at our race is truly remarkable. Everyone is there to challenge themselves and have fun, and all do!
- Mud Madness – Slither along on your belly through a trough of mud.
- Gladiator BBQ – Race through fiery flames.
- Polar Bear Plunge – Blast through a waist-deep icy pool of water.
- Tube Steak – Grovel through the mud and stank to freedom.
- The Pit – Take a plunge into the mysterious depths of this pool of mud.
- The Beast – Release your inner best to scale this monster.
- Skid Marks – Plummet down a tarp into a muddy bog.
- Gladiator BBQ-Fire – Race through fiery flames.
This segment aired on the KTLA 5 Morning News on June 10, 2014.