Summer has finally arrived and that means a plethora of barbecues, outdoor parties and more are on the horizon! Since the typical barbecue can have you eating hundreds of calories foodie expert Gina Moore joined us live from Hermosa Beach with some ways to still grill up your favorite foods this summer while keeping it healthy.
For more info:
Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa’s Cinnamon Spice Grilled Pineapple Recipe
- 1 pineapple peeled and sliced in 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg ground
- 1/4 cup apple juice concentrate
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Plain, nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1-2 tablespoons Carrington Farms Flax/Chia seeds
1. In a bowl combine all ingredients except pineapple, yogurt, and Flax/Chia blend
2. Marinate pineapple slices in mixture for 15 minutes
3. Grill pineapple on each side for 2 minutes
4. Remove from heat
5. Serve warm over Greek yogurt, sprinkled with Flax/Chia blend
This segment aired on the KTLA Morning News on Saturday, June 21 2014.