Firefighters were able to extinguish a blaze that swept through a three-story hillside home in Studio City early Thursday and caused hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of damages, according to the Los Angeles Fire Department.
Fire crews responded to a report of a possible fire at a multi-story home in the 3600 block of Potosi Avenue (map) shortly before midnight on Wednesday, a blog post from the Los Angeles Fire Department stated.
When firefighters arrived, they found "heavy flames" on the top floor of the nearly 4,000 square-foot home, according to the post.
About 90 firefighters responded to the blaze and knocked it down within 45 minutes, the blog post stated.
The flames were mostly confined to the third floor and attic, but there was some damage to the home's second story as well.
The cause of the fire was an electric clothes iron that was left on when the resident left the home earlier that night, according to the LAFD.
Firefighters estimated that the blaze caused about $600,000 worth of damages, according to the blog spot. The home had an estimated value of $1.3 million.
No one was reported to have been injured.