Pop star Justin Bieber was given two years probation and ordered to complete a number of other requirements after pleading no contest on Wednesday to one count of misdemeanor vandalism in connection with an egg throwing incident in Calabasas earlier this year, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office announced.
Bieber was not at the scene when authorities responded, according to Barsh.
However, the neighbor told deputies “he was 100 percent sure that it was Justin Bieber,” Sgt. Jeff Del Rio with the Sheriff’s Department told KTLA in January.
After pleading no contest on Wednesday, Bieber was ordered to complete five days of community service, complete an anger management program and pay $80,900 in restitution to the victim.
Bieber was also placed on formal probation for two years and ordered to stay away from the victim and his family for two years, according to the DA’s office.
Since the alleged egging incident, Bieber has been arrested and charged in Miami on suspicion of DUI and resisting arrest, and was also investigated in connection with an alleged attempted robbery in the San Fernando Valley.
The 20-year-old singer was not present at the arraignment where his attorneys entered the no contest plea on his behalf.