TAIKO PROJECT hosts “Taiko Nation” Top taiko performers from around the world converge on L.A. for a 3-concert series of mind-blowing percussion.
Taiko Nation Presented by TAIKOPROJECT in association with the Japanese American Cultural & Community Center, Japanese American National Museum and Southern California Taiko Community. It’s a thrilling, heart-pounding and joyous percussion are the hallmark of Taiko, and the best is in store when the world’s top Taiko ensembles and performers converge on L.A.’s Little Tokyo for an exhilarating three-concert event. Hailing from Europe, South America, Japan, Australia and the U.S., these luminary drummers will share the stage for the first time, performing on the world’s largest drums and harnessing their collective passion and energy to create one “Taiko Nation.”
- TAIKOPROJECT (Los Angeles, CA)
- Chieko Kojima and Eiichi Saito (KODO)
- Kaoru Watanabe (New York)
- TaikOz (Sydney, Australia)
- Kagemusha Taiko (Exeter, U.K.)
- Grand Master Seiichi Tanaka (San Francisco, CA)
- Taro Kobayashi (Tokyo, Japan)
- Sen-Rai (Sendai, Japan)
- special guest taiko performers from Europe, South America, and the U.S.
Saturday, July 19 at 8 p.m.
Sunday, July 20 at 2 p.m.
Sunday, July 20 at 7 p.m.
Aratani/Japan America Theatre
244 S. San Pedro St.
Los Angeles, CA 90012
(213) 628-2725 or click here