Rash of Apparent Drug Overdoses at Maryland Electronic Music Festival Leave 1 Dead, 20 Hospitalized

"We were shocked and saddened when we heard the news from yesterday's event," a Mad Decent statement read. "Our hearts go out to everyone impacted by this. Right now, we are waiting along with everyone else for more information."(Credit: Los Angeles Times)

"We were shocked and saddened when we heard the news from yesterday's event," a Mad Decent statement read. "Our hearts go out to everyone impacted by this. Right now, we are waiting along with everyone else for more information."(Credit: Los Angeles Times)

A 20-year-old North Carolina man died and 20 others were hospitalized after a rash of apparent drug overdoses at an electronic music concert in Maryland on Friday night, police said.

Tyler Fox Viscardi, of Raleigh was rushed from the Mad Decent Block Party at Meriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia around 9 p.m., according to a statement released by the Howard County Police Department.

He was pronounced dead at Howard County General Hospital a short time later, police said. A 17-year-old from Virginia remained in critical condition at the same hospital on Saturday, according to the release.

Police do not believe the two men knew each other, and it was not immediately clear what kind of drugs may have been involved.

Click here to read the full story on LATimes.com.


Related Stories