Gayle Anderson was live in San Pedro for NAVY DAYS 2014. Two USS Navy ships have arrived at the Port of Los Angeles in honor of LA NAVY DAYS 2014. Throughout the week, sailors will have the opportunity to engage with the local community and participate in a number of community relations projects.
FREE public tours of the USS Anchorage and USS Spruance will be held this weekend. Tours will be Saturday and Sunday, August 9th and 10th starting at 9 a.m. at the Port of Los Angeles, next to the USS Iowa Museum ship. Reservations are required and can be made by clicking here. Please arrive 10 minutes before your tour time.
Important rules for tour guests:
- All visitors are required to have a government-issued ID, such as a driver’s license or passport.
- Visitors must be at least 5 years old. Children under 5 or in strollers are not permitted.
- All persons will be subject to strict security procedures before accessing the vessels, including metal detector and possible pat-down.
- Shoes MUST be closed-toe to tour ships. NO flip flops or open-toe sandals.
- Pictures are encouraged. However, NO camera tripods or cameras equipped with lenses that exceed 100mm.
- NO bags of any type will be allowed on the vessels, including backpacks, purses, and diaper bags. Do not bring them. There is no place to store them on the ships.
- NO weapons of any type will be permitted, including defensive spray chemical such as mace, pepper spray and spray cans.
- NO handicapped access on vessels. Guests must be physically able to walk through tight spaces and up/down steep ladders – an equivalent experience will be offered if desired.
- NO restroom access on vessels. Restrooms are located on the dock.
- NO food, drinks, coolers or ice chests will be allowed onboard U.S. Navy vessels.
- NO glass containers.
- NO pets, with the exception of seeing eye dogs. There is limited access to persons with service animals onboard Navy vessels.
- NO fireworks, explosives or flammable liquids.
- NO illegal drugs or paraphernalia.
- NO skateboards, roller blades and bicycles.
- NO gang-related, violent, obscene, explicit or suggestive clothing or clothing that promotes terrorism, acts of violence or subjugation of a person or persons.
Food and beverages will be available for purchase.
Parking for a fee is available. Lots are located at Harbor Boulevard and 1st Street AND Harbor Boulevard amd Swinford Street in San Pedro. Auxillary parking lots, with shuttle service, may be available should the Harbor/Swinford lot fill to capacity.
Saturday, August 9th & Sunday, August 10th
9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
LA NAVY DAYS 2014
FREE Public Tours
World Cruise Center
Berth 93 – Port of Los Angeles
Harbor Boulevard & Swinford Street
San Pedro, CA 90731