More than 11,000 people were expected to don their Halloween costumes and participate in the Rock ’n’ Roll Half Marathon and 5K in downtown L.A. Sunday, which caused multiple street closures throughout the day.
Runners took off from the start line at South Figueroa Street and West 12th Street (map) around 7 a.m.
Live music and a bark park where people could adopt dogs were scheduled to be at the event, which benefitted the ASPCA, or American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
Road closures included the following areas and times:
- South Figueroa Street from West Pico Boulevard to West Olympic Boulevard, 3 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Chick Hearn Circle and West 11th Street from L.A. Live Way to South Hope Street, 3 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- South Flower Street from West 9th Street to West Pico Boulevard, 2 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- South Figueroa Street from Exposition Boulevard to West Adams Boulevard, 6 to 9:45 a.m.
- South Figueroa Street from West Adams Boulevard to West Pico Boulevard, 6 to 10 a.m.
- Exposition Boulevard from South Figueroa Street to Bill Robertson Lane, 6 to 9:30 a.m.
- Bill Robertson Lane from Exposition Boulevard to South Park Drive, 6 to 9:30 a.m.
- West Pico Boulevard from South Figueroa Street to South Flower Street, 6 to 10:45 a.m.
- South Hope Street from West 11th Street to West Olympic Boulevard, 6 to 10:45 a.m.
- South Flower Street from West 9th Street to West 3rd Street, 6 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- West Olympic Boulevard from South Flower Street to South Hope Street 6 to 10:45 a.m.
- East 6th Street and Whittier Boulevard from South Central Avenue to South Boyle Ave 6 a.m. to noon
- South Central Avenue from West 3rd Street to East 6th Street, 6 a.m. to noon
- West 3rd Street from South Flower Street to South Central Avenue, 6 a.m. to noon
Freeway ramp closures included the following:
- Southbound 110 Freeway off-ramp 20C to Adams Boulevard was a right turn only onto 23rd Street from 6 to 10:30 a.m.
- Northbound 110 Freeway off-ramp 23C to 3rd Street from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- North and southbound 110 Freeway off-ramp 23A to 6th Street from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Northbound 101 on-ramp from Whittier Boulevard, 5 a.m. to noon