LA based celebrity fitness trainer and NY Times best-selling author Harley Pasternak joined us live with body reset recipes that will power up your metabolism, blast fat and help you shed the pounds. Harley trains Kanye and Kim, Robert Pattison, Adam Levine, Megan Fox and more. For more information on Harley, you can go to his website. For more information on the Harley Pasternak power blender by Salton. Finally, for the complete recipes demonstrated in the segment, see the details below.
CHUNKY MONKEY SMOOTHIE
1 scoop Source Organic peanut butter powder
1 cup nonfat greek yogurt
1 apples cored
1/2 frozen banana
1/4 cup almond milk
1 cup spinach
MEXICAN CHICKEN SALAD WITH SPICY SALSA DRESSING
6 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 cup fat-free sour cream
1 cup mid or hot salsa (no added sugar)
1 head iceberg lettuce, cparsely chopped
1 1/2 cups canned corn, drained
1 tsp fajita seasoning mix
Pinch of ground cumin
Salt & pepper
1. In a bowl, combine the fajita seasoning mix, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste. Place the chicken breasts in the bowl and turn it to coat thoroughly. Place the chicken on a microwave-safe plate and microwave it on high for 6 minutes remove from the microwave and set aside to cool slightly.
In a blender or by hand, combine the sour cream and salsa until the mixture appears dark pink and has a smooth consistency. If the dressing is too thick, you may send it with water. Cut the chicken breast into 2-inch pieces. In a large bowl, toss the lettuce, chicken, corn, and salsa dressing together. Serve immediately.
ROAST TURKEY, BRIE & APPLE SANDWICH
4 slices high-fiber bread, toasted
6 oz thinly sliced roasted turkey breast
2 slices Brie cheese (1/2 inch wide each)
1 small unpeeled granny smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
2 cups baby arugula
salt & pepper
4 tsp honey mustard
- Top 2 slices of toast with turkey, cheese, apple, and arugula. Season with salt & pepper.
- Spread mustard on the other 2 slices of toast and place over filling.
HERBED CREAM CHEESE SCRAMBLE
1 oz reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
Ground black pepper
4 egg whites or 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
2 slices double-fiber whole wheat bread
2 oz. smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, mash the bream cheese, dill and chives until combined. Stir in a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Coat a smalll skillet with cooking spray and place it over medium heat. In a small bowl, whisk the egg whites, additional salt, and pepper. Cook the egg mixture in the hot pan, stirring frequently, until almost set. Meanwhile, toast the bread.
Remove the scrambled eggs from the heat. Fold in the reserved cream cheese mixture and the salmon. Serve with toast.