Candle Possibly Lit Christmas Tree on Fire at Azusa Home, Displacing Family: Fire Department

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Investigators believe an unattended candle lit a Christmas tree on fire at an Azusa home early Tuesday morning,  displacing the four people and dog who lived inside.

An Azusa home was badly damaged after a fire Jan. 13, 2015, that firefighters believe began when a candle set the residents Christmas tree on fire. (Credit: KTLA)

An Azusa home was badly damaged after a fire Jan. 13, 2015, that firefighters believe began when a candle set the residents Christmas tree on fire. (Credit: KTLA)

Firefighters arrived at a home in the 5400 block of North Clydebank Avenue (map) that was engulfed in flames around 2:30 a.m., according to Los Angeles County Fire Department officials.

It took about 40 minutes to extinguish the blaze.

The extent of the damage was unknown, but a female, three males and dog were displaced.

No injuries were reported.