Forty-five firefighters on Monday morning extinguished a dramatic house fire near a shopping center in Atwater Village. There were no reports of injuries.
The blaze broke out about 7:12 a.m. near the intersection of Glenhurst Avenue and Glendale Boulevard (map), across from a gas station and behind a strip mall.
The bulk of the fire burned on the exterior of the single-story structure, although some flames extended into the attic, the Los Angeles Fire Department said on Twitter.
Firefighters rescued a pet dog from the blaze and another dog was unaccounted for, the LAFD said.
The home's yard appeared to be packed with vehicles, mattresses, debris and items covered by a large blue tarp, aerial video showed.
A blaze broke out at the same property in December 2013 amid "packrat conditions," the local news blog Eastsider L.A. reported. A Korean church, housed in a neighboring home, was damaged in a fire in June, according to City News Service.
The cause of Monday's fire was not immediately known.
KTLA's Melissa Pamer contributed to this article.