More Than $1 Million in Cash Was Stolen in Burbank Home Invasion; 2 Charged

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

This Burbank home was the subject of a home-invasion robbery on Nov. 1, 2014. (Credit: KTLA)

Two men allegedly stole more than $1 million in cash during a home-invasion robbery that occurred in an affluent area of Burbank in November, authorities said in announcing charges in the case Monday.

One of two men who allegedly forced their way into a home in the 1300 block of Paseo Redondo on Nov. 1, tying up the housekeeper, entered a not guilty plea in Burbank Superior Court Monday.

Siavash Razaghi of Oak Park and Travis Kennedy of Newhall, both 30 years old, face one felony count each of home invasion robbery, first-degree residential burglary and identity theft, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office announced.

Razaghi appeared in court Monday, the DA’s office said; Kennedy already entered a not guilty plea Friday, when the case was filed.

The men allegedly stole more than $1 million in cash, the DA’s office announced. Police had previously said only that more than $100,000 was stolen.

Surveillance photos of a person of interest in a violent home invasion robbery in 2014 were released by Burbank police on Feb. 25, 2015.

Surveillance photos of a person of interest in a violent home invasion robbery in 2014 were released by Burbank police on Feb. 25, 2015.

About three weeks ago, Burbank investigators asked for the public’s help in the case, saying all their leads were exhausted. Police released surveillance video stills of a man described as a “person of interest,” as well as images of a blue Ford Ranger truck that may have been used in the crime.

The unidentified victims were offering a $50,000 reward in the case, police said Feb. 25.

Bail was requested at $2 million for Razaghi, who faces up to 22 years and eight months in state prison, and set at $275,000 for Kennedy, who faces up to 24 years and four months in state prison.

In addition to the charges described above, Kennedy was charged with one felony count each of possession of firearm by a felon with two priors, possession of a controlled substance with firearm, and possession for sale of a controlled substance, methamphetamine. Razaghi faces an additional count of second-degree commercial robbery.

Razaghi was convicted of identity theft in 2014, according to the DA’s office. Kennedy was convicted in 2012 of receiving stolen property valued at more than $950 and sale/offer to sell/transportation of marijuana.

Both Kennedy and Razaghi were due back in court April 2.