Chipotle’s Secret Guacamole Recipe Revealed for All to Try
Chipotle fans can rejoice: The company has made its guacamole recipe available for all to try out in their home kitchens.
The surprisingly simple recipe was shared on the popular restaurant chain’s website on Sunday.
In a post, the Denver-based company said:
“We know that you know that guac is extra, but have you ever thought about what makes it so delicious? Well, it starts with sourcing the best whole ingredients possible, and ends with a quick mash in our restaurant. In fact, it’s so easy, we’re going to show you how to do it below.”
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
How to make it:
- Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
- Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit (carefully!)
- Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
- Toss and coat with lime juice.
- Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. stated that in its restaurants, 48 avocados are used for every batch, made multiple times per day.
A version of this story was distributed by Tribune Broadcasting.