Work on a closed section of the 91 Freeway in Corona is progressing on schedule, but officials reminded motorists Saturday to plan ahead and avoid the area through the weekend.
The six-mile stretch of the freeway between the 15 Freeway and the 71 Freeway was shut down at 9 p.m. Friday and remains on schedule to reopen at 4 a.m. Monday, said Eliza Echevarria Perez, the public affairs manager for the Riverside County Transportation Commission.
"We are really pleased with the progress made so far, but we still have a lot of work to complete," she said. "Drivers are steering clear of the region, and traffic is flowing" around the closure area.
Crews are working to improve the roadway and tear down the western half of the Maple Street Bridge that extends over the freeway. By Saturday afternoon, they had already removed and hauled away about half of the structure’s 2,200 tons of concrete.
Click here to read the full story on LATimes.com.