President Obama dined with Hollywood A-listers and top Disney executives in Los Angeles on Thursday night during a quick visit for political fundraisers.
He was in Bel-Air for a Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee reception and dinner with House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and the committee's chairman, Ben Ray Luján (D-N.M.).
Calling the election critically important, Obama said there is a "deep obsession" with Donald Trump. He said neither Trump nor Trump's Republican rival Sen. Ted Cruz would succeed him in office. Obama added that both men are doing Democrats a favor by "laying bare, unvarnished, some of the stuff we've been dealing with in Congress."
"It gives you a sense of what's at stake in this election," the president said.
Click here to read the full story on LATimes.com.
Obamajam areas to avoid Thursday night:
- South Centinela Avenue between Ocean Park and West Pico boulevards, from 7:15 to 8:15 p.m.
- Sunset Boulevard between South Sepulveda and South Beverly Glen boulevards, from 7:15 to 8:30 p.m.
- Saint Pierre and Saint Cloud roads between Bel Air Road and North Beverly Glen Boulevard, from 7:30 to 9:45 p.m.
- Sunset between Beverly Glen and Royce Drive, from 9 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Hilgard Avenue between Sunset and Weyburn Avenue, from 9 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Tiverton Avenue between Le Conte and Weyburn avenues, from 9 to 10:30 p.m.
On Friday morning, drivers are encouraged to avoid the following areas:
- Hilgard Avenue between Sunset and Weyburn Avenue, from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Sunset between Loring Avenue west to Burlingame Avenue, from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Bristol Avenue between Sunset and Westboro Street, from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- North Cliffwood Avenue between Westboro and Highwood streets, from 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Sunset between Bristol and North Sepulveda, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- South Centinela Avenue between Ocean Park and Pico, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Additionally, several street closures will be in effect:
- Saint Cloud Road, from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Thursday.
- Hilgard Avenue, from 4 p.m. Thursday until 1 p.m. Friday.
- Malcolm Avenue, from 7 p.m. Thursday until 1 p.m. Friday.
- Cliffwood Avenue, from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Friday.