Tiny Houses for Homeless People Previously Seized by L.A. Are Returned

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Three tiny houses built for homeless people that had previously been seized by the city of Los Angeles were returned to the owner Friday.

Willie Hadnot spent four months living in one of the $1,200 South Los Angeles homes under a freeway overpass before the Department of Public Works confiscated it back in February.

Officials said the homes were sitting on  sidewalks and were causing health and safety issues.

But the city gave the homes back after Elvis Summers, the man who built them, agreed to keep them on private property.

Hadnot said seeing his little red house makes him happy.