Vice President Joe Biden’s visit to the Los Angeles area Wednesday prompted the Los Angeles Police Department to issue a traffic advisory.
Biden was in San Diego earlier Wednesday. He arrived in Los Angeles to present the Jimmy V award to NBA sideline reporter Craig Sager at the ESPY awards, according to the White House.
Biden will leave for Honolulu Wednesday evening, and then will travel to Melbourne, Australia.
The following areas should be avoided during the vice president’s visit to L.A., LAPD advised:
- The area around Imperial Highway between Vista Del Mar and Sepulveda Boulevard from 4 to 5:30 p.m.
- The area around Figueroa and Flower streets between Third Street and Wilshire Boulevard from 4 to 5:30 p.m.
- The area around Flower Street between Fourth Street and Venice Boulevard from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- The area around Pico Boulevard between Hope Street and the 110 Freeway from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- The area around L.A. Live Way between Pico and Olympic boulevards from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- The area around Chick Hearn Court between the 110 Freeway and Figueroa Street from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m.
- The area around Imperial Highway between Vista Del Mar and Sepulveda Boulevard from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m.
Additionally, eastbound Fourth Street — the lower two-lane portion — will be closed between Figueroa and Flower streets, on the north side of the Westin Bonaventure Hotel, from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.