4 in Critical Condition After Family Dispute Leads to Stabbing in Anaheim; 20-Year-Old Man Arrested

Four people were critically wounded and hospitalized after an apparent family dispute led to a stabbing in Anaheim on the Fourth of July, police said.

Manuel Gonzalez is credited with helping stop the attack. (Credit: KTLA)

The stabbing victims were located in the 100 block of West Bluebell Avenue Anaheim just after 11:10 a.m. Tuesday, the Anaheim Police Department tweeted.

A neighbor told KTLA he was outside of his home when he saw a woman bleeding from her neck run out. She was followed a short time later by two other men, including one who looked as if he had been stabbed, according to neighbor Manuel Gonzalez.

At that point, Gonzalez told KTLA he ran into his home, told his father something was happening across the street, and grabbed a baseball bat. He then he went to confront the suspect.

“I raised the bat up – he knew I was going to take swings – so, the first thing I looked at was where was this guy holding this knife at," Gonzalez said. "He had it in his hands, so the first thing I swung was for his hand and knocked that knife out."

The suspect then ran into the home. A short time later, he went back outside and took off, prompting Gonzalez to chase him.

Police arrived a short time later and apprehended the suspect, identified by police as 20-year-old Gino Fuentes.

The victims -- who are related to the suspect -- were all transported in critical condition, according to police. They were identified only as two women, ages 66 and 48, and two men, ages 55 and 24.

Two of the victims sustained life-threatening injuries, according to Anaheim police Sgt. Daron Wyatt. He said it could have been worse, however, had Gonzalez not intervened.

“We don’t know had he not stopped that attack how much further it could have gone on. So yes, we do believe he was instrumental in potentially saving lives," Wyatt said.

The incident appeared to stem from a family issue, according to Wyatt.

No additional information was immediately released.

KTLA's Jennifer Thang contributed to this story.