Story Summary

Music Industry Veteran Jerry Sharell Stabbed

Music industry executive Jerry Sharell and his girlfriend were allegedly attacked with a machete by the woman’s ex-husband, who then turned the weapon on himself, according to police.

Story Timeline
Previous Next
This story has 2 updates

Music industry veteran Jerry Sharell was in stable condition Monday, the day after he and his girlfriend were allegedly stabbed by the woman’s ex-husband, authorities said.

machete632Sharell and the woman were at his home in Woodland Hills about 8 a.m. Sunday when the alleged attacker arrived on a motorcycle, carrying a bouquet of flowers and a machete, police said.

The woman reportedly had a restraining order on her ex-husband, with whom she had had a tumultuous relationship.

She and Sharell were held hostage for several hours by the man, who stabbed the music executive in his face and neck, police said. The man then turned the machete on himself, saying he wanted his ex-wife to witness his suicide.

The woman was eventually able to escape from the house and call 911, authorities said. First responders arrived at the scene about 1:30 p.m.

Sharell and the ex-husband were both transported to hospitals in critical condition. The woman was also hospitalized with stab wounds; her condition was not immediately known.

Sharell and his girlfriend have reportedly been dating for three months after meeting at church.

During his distinguished career in the music industry, Sharell helped launch the careers of The Eagles, Joni Mitchell and Motley Crue, among others.

Police officers were investigating several stabbings during a hostage situation at a home in Woodland Hills on Sunday, authorities said.

A man hoping to reconcile with his ex-wife came to the house around 8 a.m. with a bouquet of flowers.


A woman treated for stab wounds was taken to a local hospital.

The man found his former wife at the home with her new boyfriend and held the pair hostage with a machete, according to investigators.

Both the ex-wife and the boyfriend were slashed with the large knife, before the man turned the weapon on himself, detectives told KTLA.

The ex-wife was able to call 911 for help around 1:30 p.m.

All three were taken to the hospital.  Both of the men were in critical condition.