Vodka Drip Saves Sick Puppy’s Life

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MELBOURNE, Australia — It seems like an unlikely cure, but for one puppy, Vodka was the best medicine.

Cleo, a 9-month-old American Staffordshire, was disoriented and refused food after licking antifreeze from a car part two weeks ago.

Just hours away from fatal kidney failure, the little Christmas present was taken to the vet.

Much to her owner’s surprise, the only cure for coolant poisoning is pure alcohol.

The vodka was fed via a drip through Cleo’s nose and into her stomach.

Over two days, the pup consumed more than a third of the bottle. Cleo is now back to full health.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s