Gayle Anderson was live in Costa Mesa for “IF YOU LIKED IT, THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE PUT A RING ON IT SURPRISE VALENTINE ROBBINS BROTHERS PROPOSAL #2.”
This is Day #2 of a week of love leading up to Valentine’s Day. Courtesy Robbins Brothers, The Sky Room, Chuao Chocolatier, and Roy’s Restaurant. Today, a young man SURPRISED his girlfriend with a proposal of marriage at the Old Vine Cafe in Costa Mesa.
Now in its sixth year, Old Vine Café continues to redefine dining in Orange County offering top-quality food and wine in a non-pretentious, casual atmosphere. The award-winning restaurant, run by chef-owner Mark McDonald, serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with menu items that reflect a focus on regionalism and the use of seasonal ingredients — a hallmark of Chef Mark’s culinary training in southern Italy. Daytime customers choose from a wide variety of panini, omelets, specialty breakfast items, and small plates, while evening diners can be found leisurely enjoying four-course tasting menus, complete with expertly selected wine pairings. For more information, please visit Old Vine Cafe.
Still haven’t made plans for Valentine’s Day? This Valentine’s Day, Castaway Restaurant is hosting a Sweetheart’s Ball from 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m., which includes a dinner buffet, DJ and dancing. For a dinner menu and price list, click HERE. Are you still looking for romantic dinner plans sans dancing? Castaway Restaurant is also offering a special Valentine’s Day dinner menu, which you can view HERE. For reservations to the Sweetheart’s Ball or dinner on Valentine’s Day or any other day, please call (818) 848-6691.
Located high in the Burbank hills, Castaway Restaurant has been a landmark in Burbank for over fifty years, providing award-winning cuisine that is prepared fresh daily. The restaurant is open for dinner daily starting at 4 p.m. Lunch hours are from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Mondays- Fridays. On Sundays, the restaurant offers a Champagne Sunday Brunch from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. In addition, the Castaway Restaurant is also has large event venues for corporate events & meetings, socials, private parties and weddings. For more information, please visit CastawayRestaurant.
Ready to ask your beloved to marry you, but not sure how to pop the question? Robbins Brothers offers 5 romantic Valentine’s Day proposal ideas that will surprise her, and will also give you bragging rights for years to come:
1) Starting at 7 am on February 14, send your Valentine a new love note at the top of each hour. One hour it can be a text, the next hour an email, then a Facebook post, etc. Throw in a few Hallmark cards, too – the mushier the better. Personally deliver the 14th message at 8 pm: stand outside her door with a giant banner asking her to marry you.
2) Pick her up at work in a limo, where you’ll have her favorite outfit ready to change into. Have the driver take you around to all the places that represent your journey as a couple: where you met, the movie theater, her favorite coffee house… Tell her how each place reminds you of her and that every day you want to be with her. Then pull up to an area that is new to both of you, and explain that it’s significant because it’s where you’re asking her to be your wife.
3) If your S.O. is expecting a ring, throw her off track with this proposal shared by one of our customers this past Christmas: buy a few inexpensive jewelry items and wrap them up in small boxes from your favorite jewelry store. Have her open each one and tell her how much you knew she’d love the earrings…then necklace…then bracelet. (Fair warning: she’ll probably be a little irked during this process.) Once she’s accepted the fact that you didn’t get her what she really wanted, drop on bended knee and propose with the engagement ring.
4) Do you love cooking dinner at home while you watch Iron Chef together? Here’s a Valentine’s Day proposal idea for you foodies: Sur la Table offers “Date Night” cooking classes where you’ll make delicious and romantic themed dinners from around the world. After you’ve sampled your meal, propose in front of the class! For a Sur la Table location near you and a class schedule, please visit Sur La Table.
5) Plan a sweet Valentine party for you and your coupled-up friends. Be sure to play a fun, romantic game of charades and when it’s your turn, act out the phrase “marriage proposal.” Use this opportunity to drop to bended knee and ask her to spend forever with you.
About Robbins Brothers- The Engagement Ring Store: With eight locations in Southern California and 4 in Texas, Robbins Brothers – “The Engagement Ring Store”, offers affordable diamond engagement rings with the widest selection of modern, classic and vintage engagement rings and ring settings that are right for you. To find a location near you, visit Robbins Brothers.
About Chuao Chocolatier: Chuao Chocolatier (pronounced chew-WOW) is the first Venezuelan Chocolatier based in the United States and Southern California’s premier artisan chocolatier. Founded in 2002 by Master Chef Michael Antonorsi and his brother Richard Antonorsi – the company’s Chairman of the Board; Chuao Chocolatier is pioneering “fusion chocolate” through a commitment to creating unusual, unexpected and delicious flavors using their secret blend of premium chocolate and fresh natural ingredients. Chuao Chocolatier chocolate confections are available around the United States at fine specialty retailers including Whole Foods Market, Dean and Deluca, and Crate & Barrel, as well as fine restaurants & hotels including Omni Hotels nationwide, La Costa Resort & Spa, Coupa Cafe, and Hard Rock Hotel. Southern California residents can purchase Chuau Chocaltier confections at any of three boutiques in the San Diego area. For more information, Chuao Chocolatier.
About Roy’s Restaurant: In 1988, James Beard Award-winner Roy Yamaguchi opened the first Roy’s in Honolulu, Hawaii. Designed around a unique experience through spacious dining rooms, an expansive lounge and Roy’s signature exhibition kitchen in full view, the restaurant combined European techniques and Asian cuisine with Hawaiian hospitality to create a fine dining experience unlike any other. Today there are 31 Roy’s locations around the world—23 in the continental U.S., six in Hawaii, one in Japan and one in Guam. For a location near you, Roys Restaurant.
For more information about the “IF YOU LIKED IT, THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE PUT A RING ON IT SURPRISE VALENTINE ROBBINS BROTHERS PROPOSAL TEAM, contact:
1 (800) 295-1543
Old Vine Cafe
2937 Bristol Street, Suite A-102
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
“Sweetheart’s Ball” & “Special Valentine’s Day Dinner”
Thursday, February 14, 2013
Castaway Restaurant & Special Events Center
1250 East Harvard Road
Burbank, CA 91501
(818) 848-3915 FAX
(760) 476-1355 FAX