Children Shocked When Swimming Pool Becomes Electrified

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Video released by the Hialeah Police Department in Florida showed three children being shocked when the pool they were swimming in became electrified.


Three children were shocked when the pool they were swimming in became electrified. (Credit: Hialeah Police Department)

It happened last month at the Palm West Gardens apartments in Hialeah.

The video showed one girl touching the hand rail then suddenly freezing as she received a shock.

He father immediately pulled her out of the water.

Another girl could be seen grabbing the railing but she was unable to let go as the electricity contracted her muscles.

Her grandfather dragged her from the pool and also received a shock in the process.

Officials told CNN that the pool became electrified as a result of  unconnected ground wires in the pool’s pump house.

CNN contributed to this report.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.