Bryan Stow Civil Trial: 911 Audio Released From Dodger Stadium Beating

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

An emergency call recorded just moments after San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow was brutally beaten in the Dodger Stadium parking lot on opening day 2011 was released Wednesday amid an ongoing civil trial.

stow in wheelchair

Bryan Stow, in a wheelchair, appears outside the Los Angeles Superior Court civil building during the May 2014 proceedings in a civil lawsuit he has filed against the Dodgers. (Credit: KTLA)

Stow has filed a lawsuit against the Dodgers and former team owner Frank McCourt, alleging inadequate security at the stadium.

In the 911 audio played for jurors in court Wednesday, one emergency caller described blood coming out of Stow’s ears as he lay on the ground.

“He’s just lying cold on the floor. He’s unconscious,” the female caller said.

The woman, who said she was calling from Lot 2, also told the police dispatcher that Stow was snoring.

Multiple voices can be heard in the background during the call, and at one point, the female caller can be heard asking someone, “Who did it?”

A second person, who identified himself as a paramedic, took the phone and began talking to the dispatcher.

“Hi, I’m an off-duty paramedic. My partner here, that’s also a paramedic, was punched from the side. He didn’t see it coming. He’s unconscious. He’s got snoring respirations at the moment, bleeding out of his left ear. … We need an ambulance right now,” he said.

Audio: Listen to 911 Recording

“He’s not doing good,” the male caller said. “He’s breathing. He’s got a pulse, but he’s not conscious.”

The man told the dispatcher that the victim’s respiratory rate was decreasing.

dodgers giants bryan stow ambulance

Bryan Stow is loaded into an ambulance so he can be taken from Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center to San Francisco General Hospital, on May 16, 2011. (Credit: Al Seib-Pool/Getty Images)

“He’s gone. It was a Dodger fan in a Dodger jersey. There’s no way to identify him. If I saw him, I could recognize him, but he’s gone. He’s not on the scene. Scene’s secure right now,” the man said when asked about the assailant.

The profanity-laced call, which lasted about 8 1/2 minutes, described the scene after the March 31, 2011, assault on Stow by Louie Sanchez and Marvin Norwood, who pleaded guilty in February to charges in the attack.

Also in court Wednesday, a security manager admitted that on March 31, the day of the assault, there were not enough ushers or security guards in some areas of the stadium.

No one was assigned to the area where Sanchez and Norwood had sat, assistant security manager Kenneth Delgadillo said.

Witnesses described the Sanchez harassing other Giants fans in the stadium, throwing things and getting progressively drunk.


YouTube video captured a fight in Dodger Stadium on Opening Day 2011 in the area where Bryan Stow’s two attackers sat, according to his attorney in a civil trial against the team and the Dodgers’ former owner. The video was shown in court on June 4, 2014.

One witness seated in the section testified he saw an unrelated fistfight that left one man falling backward down the stairs, the Los Angeles Times reported. Video of the fight was played in court.

At a sentencing hearing for the assailants, Sanchez appeared to smirk and was excoriated by the judge. He had admitted kicking and punching Stow.

Stow, a former paramedic and father, suffered brain damage and was left partly disabled.

KTLA’s Olsen Ebright and Kareen Wynter contributed to this article.