Police: Attempted Kidnapping of Boy in Azusa Never Happened
A dramatic account of a kidnapping attempt involving an 11-year-old boy who supposedly fought off his assailant in Azusa earlier this week was not true, police said Wednesday.
In a short statement, Azusa police said they were “confident no attempted kidnapping occurred” but did not provide any explanation.
“Due to the age of the child involved and the sensitivity of the investigation, no additional information may be released,” police said in the statement.
Police had previously said they were searching for suspects in what appeared to be a frighteningly bold attempt to snatch the child Monday night in the 300 block of North San Gabriel Avenue.
Click here to read the full story on LATimes.com.